We've rolled out some small changes recently.
- Updated user guide (linked from the home page)
- Improved display of status updates on home page
- Improved responsiveness of mailshot progress on mailings page
- Removed ability to delete mailshots
- Improved feedback when mailshots are initialising or pausing
- Added ability to stop (and abandon any unsent messages) a paused mailshot
- Avoided some database locks that were causing occasional problems
- Improved parallelism so smaller mailshots will send faster
Removing the ability to delete mailshots might seem curious, but there are several reasons behind that decision:
- Unintentional deletion (despite the warnings!) was a common source of support problems.
- Only mailshots in the last month are shown by default, so interface clutter isn't a problem.
- Mailshots get 'retired' after 6 months (raw data is deleted, static reports are saved), so they don't clutter our database.
- It's good for data protection compliance (particularly CAN-SPAM) to keep mailshots around for a while.
- It's good for accountability.
Plenty more good stuff to come!
Post a Comment